Syserco Energy Solutions comprehensive services include energy and water efficiency, infrastructure upgrades and renewable energy and energy storage solutions throughout California. We are proud of our engaging workplace with a host of competitive benefits and wellness programs. Our team works collaboratively to deliver best-in-class solutions with a primary focus on customer satisfaction. Help shape the future of energy by working for a great team, honored to be a Best Place to Work for in the Bay Area for the past 12 years. Syserco Energy Solutions embraces diversity, and career development opportunities.
The Project Developer will be the technical expert for the Energy Solutions business; working with team members on projects to support the growth of the company and implementation of Energy Services projects. Provides support to Sales and Program Managers and acts as a technical consultant to our Energy Engineers, Field Specialists, Electricians, Subcontractors, Customers and Consulting engineers.
· Oversees the technical aspects of the entire Energy Sales and Execution Process.
· Directs and coordinates the activities of Energy Engineers
· Develops the technical aspects of the PFA, IGA, ESP and coordinates with sales for final delivery
· Conducts initial energy savings feasibility assessment to pre-qualify facility for energy savings opportunities
· Analyzes data from self-performed and others’ audits to develop and calculate savings for Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs).
· Uses energy modeling software such as eQuest and engineering formulas to perform energy savings calculations
· Determine feasibility of defined EEMs
· Performs project financial analysis to match EEMs with customer or funding requirements
· In conjunction with Sales, develops initial cost estimates for EEMs for inclusion in PFA.
· Develops Scope of Work for subcontractor bids, provides bid analysis and assists in subcontractor selection
· Performs cash flow Analysis
· Develops Final Investment Grade Audit Report / Proposal
· Develops pre and post Measurement and Verification (M&V) plans
· Implements M&V plans; including installation of data loggers and data review
· Develops scope and leads implementation of Retro-commissioning/Commissioning projects
· Provides ongoing client contact and relations throughout the lifecycle of the project.
· Develops and maintains energy saving estimating tools for Sales and Energy Engineers
· Recruits and develops team of Energy Engineers to support business development
· Keeps current with legislation, emerging technologies, utility incentive programs, utility 3rd party programs
· Builds and maintains relationships with utility account managers and utility 3rd party programs
· Provides training to Sales and Operations
· Active participation in professional industry organizations
· Consistent and clear communication with internal and external customers
· Ensure quality, timeliness and completeness of work performed within budget
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong understanding of Utility Data Analysis benchmarking tools and strategies.
· Ability to develop and run Energy Calculations – independent of software tools.
· Proven experience developing PFAs and IGAs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
· Detailed oriented and organized
· Ability to work independently and unsupervised
· Familiarity with popular energy modeling programs
· Team-Oriented, comfortable with open communication and collaboration
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Undergraduate Degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical, Energy, or Electrical
· Certified Energy Manager preferred (required after 12 months of employment)
· ASHRAE level 1, 2 and 3 Energy Audits in all markets served: K-12, Higher Education, Municipalities, Office/High Rise, Healthcare, Hospitality, High-tech, Data Centers, Pharma/Bio
· Strong understanding of Building Envelope, HVAC, Lighting and, or electrical and mechanical systems
· Strong understanding of renewable energy and battery storage opportunities
At Syserco, people come first. Awarded Best Place to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we attract and retain the best talent in the business. We have one goal—to deliver superior energy management solutions and systems that simplify operations, enhance comfort, and reduce energy costs.