Sep 1, 2016
According to the Blood Centers of the Pacific, 20 units of blood was collected from Syserco employees at the local Blood Drive in July. Syserco’s participation is yielded to save 60 lives!
1. 4.5 million Americans would die each year without life saving blood transfusions.
2. Approximately 32,000 pints of blood are used each day in the United States.
3. Every three seconds someone needs blood.
4. One out of every 10 people entering a hospital needs blood.
5. Just one pint of donated blood can help save as many as three people's lives.
6. One unit of blood is roughly the equivalent of one pint.