Responsible for developing engineering submittal packages for any size project, vertical market or difficulty, i.e., K-12, office commercial, LEED, FDA validated, OSHPD, etc. Providing support to project managers and acting as a technical consultant to our customers and consulting engineers.
Typical Reporting Lines
- Develops engineering submittal packages with repetitive elements such as K-12 schools, tenant improvements, etc. as determined by supervisor based upon project specifications and drawings in conjunction with proposals and estimates
- Maintains pre-existing standards for specific customers in terms of global network and system additions and archives work electronically
- Accurately documents all work in a neat, easy-to-read manner.
- Assist field personnel with technical coordination and problem solving
- Provides a complete turnkey system for use by technicians in the development of end-user software packages
- Assists in the development and maintenance of engineering library and standards
- Participates in technical discussion and resolves technical problems
- Works on simple as well as complex LEED projects
- Works closely with consulting engineers to develop specifications and drawings
- Consistent and clear communication with internal and external customers
- Ensure quality, timeliness and completeness of work performed within budget
- Adhere to Syserco’s Policies and Procedures, HR, Safety Plan and others
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HVAC DDC controls theory, applications and systems
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Operation of standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications and use of computer equipment for extended periods of time.
- May be required to sit, stand, bend, climb and lift, push or carry items less than 50 lbs. around office and on occasion job sites.
- Valid CA drivers’ license with ability to drive and operate a vehicle is required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Undergraduate Degree, AA Degree in Applied Technology or Equivalence in combination between work experience and education
- Construction, HVAC and mechanical and electrical systems knowledge
- Computer literate and proficient in AutoCAD, MS Excel, graphics enhancement programs, networks and windows operating systems
- Strong HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems knowledge