Syserco Energy Solutions comprehensive services include energy and water efficiency, infrastructure upgrades and renewable energy and energy storage solutions throughout California. We are proud of our engaging workplace with a host of competitive benefits and wellness programs. Our team works collaboratively to deliver best-in-class solutions with a primary focus on customer satisfaction. Help shape the future of energy by working for a great team, honored to be a Best Place to Work for in the Bay Area for the past 12 years. Syserco Energy Solutions embraces diversity, and career development opportunities.
Supporting the Project Managers with planning and oversight of all phases of energy projects, with the objective of a successful completion on time, and within budget, while ensuring that customer satisfaction stays at the highest levels. Projects include a combination of energy efficiency measures and renewable generation installations, to help local cities, schools and counties or other Public and Private Sector customers become more sustainable, save money, and improve services. The expectation is that the Project Engineer will simultaneously work on several projects from early Scope development, through construction, including design, contract negotiations, and project implementation.
- Assist PM in managing and controlling Syserco Energy Solutions’ project deliverables and contractual obligations
- Assist Project Managers to create, maintain, and manage project schedules, RFI’s, labor plans, billing, Cost-to-Complete forecasts and other project documents
- Assist Project Managers to create Schedule of Values (SOV) on all assigned projects in order to maintain positive cash flow / net-working capital.
- Visit active job sites to witness and partake in key milestones and ensure progress and quality
- Work with internal and external Procurement resources to contract the Scope of the project across various suppliers
- Provide administrative support to Construction and Project Management Team
- Support project closeout phase including all requirements needed to close a project
- Perform other duties and general support as directed by supervisor
- Consistent and clear communication with internal and external customers
- Ensure quality, timeliness and completeness of work performed within budget
- Adhere to Syserco Energy Solutions’ Policies and Procedures, HR, Safety Plan and others
- Customer satisfaction scores(derived via surveys) shall meet or exceed annual performance goal
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fundamental understanding of construction law and local codes
- Strong analytical and financial management skills
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple projects successfully.
- Positive disposition and optimistic approach to work
- Attention to detail, but ability to keep the “Big Picture” in mind
- Operation of standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications and use of computer equipment for extended periods of time. Required to stand, sit and maneuver around office area.
- Valid CA drivers’ license with the ability to drive and operate a vehicle is required to perform customer site visits.
- Physical ability to conduct regular site walks
- Occasional over-night travel throughout California may be needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering or Construction Management Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent in combination between work experience and education
- 3 years of Industry Experience (Ideally with a General Contractor, Solar Contractor or some other multi-trade construction company)
- Construction, HVAC and/or mechanical systems knowledge
- Computer literate and proficient in project accounting software and MS Project