Developing engineering submittal packages for any size project, vertical market or difficulty, including; LEED, FDA validated, OSHPD, etc. Providing support to project managers and acting as a technical consultant to our field specialists, electricians, subcontractors, customers and consulting engineers. Works closely with engineering department to develop, maintain, and enforce standards.
Group Operations Manager or Engineering Manager
- Develops engineering submittal packages based upon project specifications and drawings in conjunction with proposals and estimates.
- Maintains pre-existing standards for specific customers in terms of global network and system additions and archives work electronically.
- Accurately documents all work in a neat, easy-to-read manner.
- Assists in identifying value engineering opportunities during design and installation.
- Performs peer-review of engineering deliverables.
- Facilitates the turnover from Engineering to Specialist providing all updated project information including scope of work and design intent.
- Assists field personnel with technical coordination, problem solving, and resolving technical issues/questions during installation and startup.
- Assists Project Managers with coordination of materials including confirming orders, tracking, and receiving.
- Attend MEP and other technical project meetings as needed.
- Methodically track and inform PM of engineering/design-related discrepancies between Syserco’s proposed scope of work and the owner/contractor’s project requirements, including: scope gaps, deviations from plans and specs, missed items, scope adds, etc.
- Provides a complete turnkey system for use by technicians in the development of end-user software packages
- Assists in maintaining the engineering library and standards
- Participates in technical discussion and resolves technical problems
- Assign, monitor and review tasks of support engineers when their labor is required to meet the general engineer’s project deadlines.
- Consistent, clear, professional, and engaged communication with internal and external customers. Ensure quality, timeliness and completeness of work performed within budget.
- Adhere to Syserco’s Policies and Procedures, HR, Safety Plan and others
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HVAC DDC controls theory, applications and systems
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Operation of standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications and use of computer equipment for extended periods of time.
- May be required to sit, stand, bend, climb and lift, push or carry items less than 50 lbs. around office and on occasion job sites.
- Valid IL drivers’ license with ability to drive and operate a vehicle is required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Undergraduate Degree, AA Degree in Applied Technology or Equivalence in combination between work experience and education.
- Construction, HVAC and mechanical and electrical systems knowledge.
- Computer literate and proficient in AutoCAD, MS Excel, graphics enhancement programs, networks and windows operating systems. Strong HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems knowledge.
- Salary range: $85,000 to $130,000